3.29.2010

Double Whammy!

Happy Monday All!
The week started off nicely with my favorite breakfast!! Oatmeal! Jay and I went grocery shopping last night and I grabbed some oats. Added in half of a banana with some peanut butter and I was good to go til noon!
Sorry I was MIA all weekend long.. I was cat sitting for friend while she was off vacationing in Hawaii!!! It's nice to be home and get back into a routine. March has been an INSANELY busy month. Now that April is just a few days away, I feel like it's a good time to assess some new goals and focus on myself for a bit. You ever need to do that?? I get caught up in life and tend to put somethings on the back burner, ie 8 hours of sleep, not drinking soda, and other trivial things. :)
So with that said, here are April's goals!

1. Focus on Strength Training
2. Get 8 Hours of Sleep
3. Meditate to Relieve Stress (10 minutes?)

I like how these goals look and they fit in with things I've been thinking about since I ran in the St. Patty's Day Dash. I strained my right hamstring while training and never took the time off until these past couple weeks. Well, now I am having a tough time getting back into the routine of working out. Since I will start training for my half marathon at the end of June, I'm going to focus on strength training for now. It will be a nice change of pace and hopefully keep me motivated! While reading the book Eat, Pray, Love I have started to gain a better understanding of meditation and feel that I could make personal gains from just 10 minutes a day. So that's a little back history of my new goals!
Tonight I've got shoulders, biceps, and triceps on the line up! Will likely include some ab work..
Now for some eats. I stocked up on cantaloupe and strawberries yesterday. I've been snacking on them like crazy.



And I made up some SPICY meatballs and spaghetti last night. It was even better as leftovers today. Yum!



Hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Take care,
Kelly Katheryn

1 comment:

  1. i must say that i look forward to your daily emails..... makes me want to eating healthier and start cooking!!! =)

    ReplyDelete